Hong Kong International Mathematical Olympiad (HKIMO)
(For Students of Grades 1 to 13)
- HKIMO is an Olympiad for every student who has some talent in mathematics, not just for those who have extraordinary talent in mathematics, and it is a wonderful opportunity for students to develop their talent in mathematics as this competition will be conducted here at 10 levels;
- Primary 1 (Grade 1)
- Primary 2 (Grade 2)
- Primary 3 (Grade 3)
- Primary 4 (Grade 4)
- Primary 5 (Grade 5)
- Primary 6 (Grade 6)
- Secondary 1 (Grade 7)
- Secondary 2 (Grade 8)
- Secondary 3 (Grade 9)
- Senior Secondary (Grades 10 and higher)
Students for the Sri Lankan Team to participate at the HKIMO will be chosen either through Sri Lankan Mathematics Competition (SLMC) held each year or through HKIMO Heats.
- All the competition papers will be set in the English and Chinese mediums by the Olympiad Champion Education Center in China. Each competition paper has questions from the 5 areas of logical thinking, arithmetic/algebra, number theory, geometry, and combinatorics. Each heat paper is of one and a half hour duration and has 5 short questions from each of those 5 areas totaling to 25 short questions. Each final paper is of two hours duration and has 6 short questions from each of those 5 areas totaling to 30 short questions.
- For HKIMO Heats practice papers and answers click here.
Certificates and Awards
Every student who participates at the HKIMO Heats receives a certificate of participation and has the opportunity to win Bronze, Silver and Gold medals. These certificates of participation and medals will be awarded by the following institution in China:
- Olympiad Champion Education Center Room 309-310, 8 Jordan Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, China. Tel (852) 3153 2028 / 9310 1240 Fax (852) 3153 2074
To visit their website: click here